Door finishers in body color...

While I'm waiting for my center console to be finished by bumper plugs, I decided to tackle this task. Install pre-painted, color coded door finishers. Not for the faint of heart... taking apart the doors was a little intense, since some of the plastic plugs where a little too stuck in there. There is a lot to figure it out when disconnecting the 3 plugs plus the door handle metal wire... The rest is total destruction mode! you need to either melt or drill out the posts of the old part (that soft touch finish should be illegal!) and then, insert the new part and re-melt the posts to fit inside. Pretty pre-historic if you tell me. But at the end, it's more than worth it. My wife was confident that I was going to get it done but my body shop said it would be impossible for a regular guy to do it. I guess I'm not regular. Got the parts yesterday and installed them this morning. Had to go to the body shop/dealer to show the work and they couldn't believe I did it and in that time frame. (2 hours, 2 doors). It's one of those things that are kind of straight forward but complicated. The dealer quoted me 5 hours and $800 in labor. My wife is thrilled by the savings!

Crappy pictures:





Bonus: on my way back from The Collection Porsche: